It can be overwhelming. Being your own boss will offer you moments of self doubt, crushing stress and frustration. BUT… but there’s also excitement, adventures, new possibilities and a whole lot of clapping and smiling when you achieve success.
You may not be able to quit your job today or follow every direct sales lead that comes your way, but every day contains within it countless opportunities, all waiting to see what you will do.
Theses are the choices that will make all the difference in your business. They are the things that will determine your current level of success and your likelihood of you achieving your goals in the future.
So, WHAT IF? What if you make some changes today and stick to them? WHAT IF?
Sometimes even the smallest shift in thinking or doing can create the biggest opportunities.
To get started:
1. Stop thinking and stopping there. Getting a good idea is NOT enough. Write down all of your ideas, right when you have them. Then, put them on your calendar and make them happen.
2. Challenge your beliefs about what you can and can’t do. You are better than you think you are. Yeah, you really are that good!
3. Challenge your ideas about how things work. Sometimes when you decide how things should be you limit your ability to see how they CAN BE. Take a look at how others ‘do the business’ and see which things you think you could try to adopt in to your day to day business plans.
4. Have a vision, a dream, a goal. Write down your goals. “I will… by this date…” Then create a vision board and put on it those things that will be visible you when you achieve your goals. (Directions for creating a vision board can be found in the search on this blog.)
5. Look for opportunities in every failure. Avoid the victim mentality, everything that happens, whether to-you or by-you is an opportunity. Yes, EVERYTHING! Change your attitude and start LOOKING for the opportunity in EVERYTHING.
6. Remove something from your life that doesn’t serve you. Make room for something better and new. These can be small things, like a cluttered work space or big things like a business partner that is holding you back. Either way, take the time to evaluate those things that you let in to your business and make room for new things that will encourage growth.
7. Commit to something. You know those things that you always say you’ll do but you never seem to start start—start them. Go, right now, GO! Write it on your calendar and figure out how to make it happen. Take the first step right now.
8. DON’T think about what you DON’t want. DO think about what you DO want. Shift your energy from complaining, worrying and waisting time to doing, taking action and achieving.
9. Replace negative thoughts with positive ones. Positive energy creates positive results. Enough said.
10. Self Improvement is a sign of growth and intelligence. Anytime you improve your habits, you pave the path for personal excellence.
11. Forgive your self and others. Let go of grudges. Removing barrier opens doors.